Sunday 5 December 2010

we heart a very petersham christmas

I have an affinity with Petersham Nurseries. James and I had our engagement shoot there back in June in their beautiful surroundings (photos of this to come soon..) and as it's only a few miles away, I'm lucky enough to visit often.
I've never been to Petersham at Christmas time before but I was totally blown away! Excuse my excess number of photos but I thought you might like to see everything I managed to snap (very sneekily, so you'll also have to excuse my iphone snaps). Everything was soooo pretty and yes, I splurged a little...




my favourite part of peterham is the table setting they always lay out. such great wedding table setting inspiration! If I had seen some of the following before my wedding, I might have stoeln a few of these ideas! How pretty?!!

I think having the perfect rustic/weather-beaten table and non-matching chairs is a must for this kind of look however, and when you're seating 100 people, that's pretty hard to achieve, believe me, I tried to find a way! Great for a smaller dinner party however! On my Christmas wish list if a table just like this. That's my dream Christmas list obviously...
the colour of these baubels are just stunning! They have the same green shade as some of the sequins in my wedding dress- I love them! I didn't buy any on this occasion, but I may have to sneak back...

I did buy a few of these bronze-y oxidised hearts:
and some of these vintage red ones- they just look as Christmas should! (if that makes sense?!)
I completely adored the shaped baubles (acorns) hung on leather twine in a cluster like a chandelier. I've seen a quite a lot of this clustering decorations around recently... Wouldn't this be a stunning centre piece? In reality (if you bought them from Petersham) this would cost a couple of hundred ££ but then you could keep them for Christmases to come...



more rustic tables... I've been thinking of trying this with scaffolding planks and builders trestles. How simple and gorgeous?
they were also selling the same tin hooks that I bought in brighton at Igigi last week but larger and as candle sconces:




I had a very beautiful cut-glass cloche given to me as a birthday present but I haven't decided what to fill it with for the Christmas period. Possibly the green baubles?

I love the candles under the glass cloches (to keep in the smell), which is rather impractical for the home if you're trying to keep it alight, but still pretty anyway...
and a great idea for christmas gifts- beautiful in fir-green jars with stamped gold labels. Perfect!

"It t'was the night before Christmas and all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.."
and if only to prove this, look at these adorable matchbox mice! Petersham hasn't left out ideas for the children. There are lots of absolutely gorgeous handmade stuffed animals and vintage wooden pieces, although I suspect any children lucky enough to receive these wouldn't get within 5 feet of them!


Not only is it worth visting in the next few weeks for presents (and delicious food at the always impressive restaurant/cafe) but there are planned events which look a lot of fun!
Coming up there's wreath making workshops on Tuesday 7th & 14th December (daytime) plus a Christmas market on the evenings of Wednesday 8th & 15th December with appearances by Jasper Conran to sign his new book. Fingers crossed I'm going to try and make one of the Christmas market evenings..

No comments:

Post a Comment