Wednesday 20 April 2011

I can't believe I'm saying this but... wow, TK Maxx!?!

ok, i'm fairly shocked at myself here but....

has anyone been into TK Maxx lately?....


their new adverts are definitely a big improvement on where they've been before

(I like the one with Sophia their buyer- above- very stylish lady!)

but they're actually putting their money where their mouths are!




I can't quite believe the quality of labels that are currently being stocked under

the 'Gold Label' section!


on recent visits I've actually found labels such as Stella McCartney, Alexander McQueen, DVF, Costme National, Marni, Giambattista Valli, Chloe, and O.M.G. LANVIN!!! no joke...


BUT I did check on their website, and the Gold Label designers are not stocked in every store- only a selection.. click here to check if your closest store is one of these.


In a funny way, as amazing as this does seem (and the affordable access to these gorgeous gowns IS amazing), I kind of feel awful for these clothes. They're just so beautiful, and in being treated in such a dismissive way(half hanging off the racks, dragging across the dirty floors), the clothes loose a bit of appeal for me. I don't know if anyone else feels like this? Some sort of separate sectioned-off area within the stores for the Gold Labels clothing would help...


my local store is Kew, and my latest finds include this Alberta Ferretti gown:



Alberta Ferretti, £399 (was £1930)!!!



..this Alberta Ferretti number I was considering as an alternative to my own wedding dress!! I'm gutted that this wasn't in TK Maxx a year ago- I could have had three dresses!



Alberta Ferretti, £499 (was £2670)



...and these Costume National dresses are all perfect for any summer weddings you've got coming up!


Costume National, £269, £229, £229 (all previously over £600)



But, as I said before, I'm not sure how I feel about such gorgeous labels being stocked there. Obviously you'll still have to put up with the changing rooms which are still as grim as ever, the racks which are still far too full to see anything properly and the staff who are beyond useless. I'm not kidding- I asked to try on a dress and was told I couldn't even though it was 45 minutes before the store was due to close just because they didn't want to staff the changing rooms! needless to say, I did not buy said dress...

If I did have any weddings or summer parties coming up, I do think TK Maxx would be high on my shopping list and I never thought I'd hear myself say that! x x x



No comments:

Post a Comment