Saturday 16 April 2011

we heart a good book suggestion! x

a few weeks ago the lovely Helena of


blogged about her latest book purchase

DECORATE by Holly Becker & Joanna Copestick

and I couldn't wait to get it!


it's a great book so I thought I'd share a few of my own favourite images:


tolix chairs- my favourite!

I love the blue hydrangeas against the minimal elegance of this room- so chic and achievable.

I actually have this palm leaf Cole & Son wallpaper in the black and gold version in my cloakroom!

Jonathan Adler's home is one of the spaces featured in the book and although his crazy bright home isn't really my taste (I definitely couldn't live in it!) I do like his pottery very much. It's always interesting to see how other creatives live in their home space. I've been eyeing up Adler's character mugs and vases of a while now- they'd go very well in my sitting room.. hint hint James,... x



and I really liked the above quote inside the book cover!


I found Decorate in Anthropologie and Libertys but it's available on Amazon here. (slightly cheaper)



but... I was a bit naughty and ordered a second book:


if it's even possible, I think I love Creative Walls even more than Decorate!






Just absolutely beautiful photographs...


order from Amazon here.


what I liked about both of these books is that actually the styles in there aren't pretentious or overly contrived, just real homes but incredibly stylish from incredibly stylish people!


please order! x

No comments:

Post a Comment