Thursday 23 June 2011

we heart... a bit more time for blogging! x

To my lovely readers,

I do apologuise profusely for being a lax blogger of late. As you may have gathered, my workload has kept me from writing and posting on Inspired Winter.. (boring I know).. but I have managed to find a little time to do some fun bits and pieces! Here's a diary of my recent June activities and more posts to follow shortly:



Wednesday 15th June- Last week I was thrilled to be invited to a pre-screening of the new movie Bridesmaids hosted by Charley from London Bride at the Soho Hotel. It was such a fun evening! The always gorgeous Chloe of Caught The Light Photography was kind enough to introduce me to Kat from RocknRollBride, Emma Case of Emma Case Photography and it was fabulous to finally meet our hostess-with-the-mostest Charley! Nice to put faces to names!

I was also excited to also see Helena from A Diary Of Lovely who is just the nicest person! We gabbed away until the opening credits and laughed all the way through the film together- I completely love her!

I have to be honest, depite the publicity and great reviews the film has been getting from the US, I wasn't expecting much. And I was so wrong. The evening properly had me in stitches! I could hear the girls in the back row (including Chloe..!) snorting with laughter and everyone agreed it was worth recommending to girls and guys alike. I won't bore you with a full on review, but I would urge you all to go see it!



Saturday 18th June- Last weekend I made it to salvage yeard heaven, Lassco at Milton Common, where I wandered the site for a good few hours taking photos, eating fruitcase (seriously yummy) and indulging in a few sneaky purchases.. but more of this to come in a new post soon.. keep your eyes peeled!



Tuesday 21st June- I spent the evening in total awe at the Red Magazine networking event as I listened to Deputy Editor Saskia Graville interview a panel of 3 inspiring British business women, Sam Baker (author and Editor-In-Chief at Red), Sarah Walters (stylepassport.com) and Lorraine Pascal (author, television cook and baker extraordinaire). The panel were posed questions sent in my audience members about starting their own businesses and provided tips for ways to go it alone. I will be keeping an eye out for future events (the panel changes each time) and would urge others to do the same!



Over the next two weeks I have an unexpected fortnight of musical indulgence kicking off with Glee Live on Sunday (yes, yes, I know... what a gleek...), then the AMAZING Foo Fighters at Milton Keynes (I really, REALLY heart Dave Grohl. No joke. I love him) and then picnicing with Jamie Cullum at Kew, which is quite lazy as it's opposite our house.. Pretty eclectic I think you'll agree?! And for completely different reasons, I know that I'm going to enjoy each and every one. But mostly the Foo Fighters because, you know, I kind of rather love Dave. Did I mention that..?



Which makes me wonder... What with Glasto kicking off this weekend too, if I had an unlimited budget, who would I have had to play at our wedding, or for that matter, my (big) birthday coming up in October? Our wedding band was totally brilliant, but in an ideal world, what would I have danced away to all night? Maybe rock music (and hitting on the front man at your wedding) isn't quite appropriate for some ears at a wedding, but who would YOU have to play? And did anyone actually hire a 'fantasy' band for an event you've been to? I'd love to hear all about it! Please do let me know!




Thank you to everyone for your support following me and Inspired Winter blog. I promise to be back in no time at all with new (and inspiring) posts.

Love you all!

with love philippa





photo from poppytalk.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment