Wednesday 28 December 2011

Seasons greetings from Inspired Winter! x



SEASONS GREETINGS TO ALL!


I hope that you've all had a joyful and relaxing break over the Christmas weekend?  How has everyone been able to spend it?
As much as I promised a posting before the holiday, my blogging was sadly oushed to one side in an effort to finish up my day job in time! So although it's late, I thought I would share a few gifting images with you..


This year I've been into personalising my gifts as much as possible.  I always like to make an effort so my wrapping is as much as a part of the gift as what's inside but this year I went a little further...GREY PAPER AND FELT LETTERS 1
our very chic best friends shared their first family Christmas with their beautiful baby daughter.
As their home is all neutral whites and greys, I coordinated their gifts to fit in under the tree..
GREY PAPER AND FELT LETTERS 3
and  for our closest friends and family I made felt initial tags which can be used next year as tree ornaments.  They seemed to go down well!

my good friend (gorgeous) Julie loves a bit of sparkle so I handmade this paper with simple white spots and a good amount of glitter.  This glitter is now embedded in my carpet much to Mr A's annoyance..  and although it's very simple, I liked the effect!  I might wrap all of my gifts next year like this.  And maybe put down some old newspaper first..HANDMADE WRAP 1


but as Mr A and I have been spending our Christmas at my family's home I coordinated our main gifts with my parents traditional red, gold and green tree..
RED AND WHITE 1
my nordic-look red and white paper was an Ikea purchase (!! I was surprised too!) and I added brown paper, Merci-purchased white tags and green twine with felt initials.
RED AND WHITE 2
And inspired by Merci in Paris, I tore strips of printed Liberty fabric to use as ribbon for smaller gifts like this one for Mr A:
LIBERTY PRINT TIE 2 PHIL 2
We have quite a lot of leftover coffee bags (purchased from Monmouth Coffee for our wedding) so I found these a useful way of wrapping tricky gifts..  I guess paper and fabric bags could also work in this way too!
COFFEE BAGS 1

I hope you all enjoyed some quiet (possibly?!) family time and are looking forward to ringing the new year in. x x x

1 comment:

  1. Such a brilliant way to personalize pressies! Really gorgeous

    ReplyDelete